Definition of thermoplastic in English:
Denoting substances (especially synthetic resins) that become plastic on heating and harden on cooling and are able to repeat these processes. Often contrasted with thermosetting.
- It is a thermoplastic material which gets softer with heating and hardens when cooled.
- Hot-bar and impulse welding processes are commonly used in the packaging industry to seal plastic bags and join thermoplastic films of 0.5 mm or less.
- ‘Think of it as thermoplastic rubber that is recyclable and processes like plastic,’ he says.
noun(usually thermoplastics) Back to top
A thermoplastic substance.
- There are three classes of polymers - thermoplastics, thermosets, and elastomers.
- Other scientists made various plaster derivatives, artificial silks, and thermoplastics.
- Many of these are used as thermoplastics that are shaped and processed by means of injection molding and extrusion.
Definition of thermoplastic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.