(also thermos bottle)
- A container that keeps a drink or other fluid hot or cold by means of a double wall enclosing a vacuum.More example sentences
- Others simply lean against the sea wall, thermoses at the ready, their faces turned to the sun.
- Am I awake and drinking from this red thermos of coffee or am I asleep, dreaming of sitting in my chair drinking this coffee?
- Also, carry a map, compass or GPS, flashlight, knife, matches and a thermos with hot fluids.
early 20th century: from Greek, literally 'hot'.
More definitions of thermosDefinition of thermos in:
- The British & World English dictionary