Definition of thespian in English:
Of or relating to drama and the theater: thespian talents
More example sentences
- His concentration on style, however, leaves us with an emotionally tinny thespian drama.
- Maya Maron, who plays the daughter who keeps the family from coming apart at the seams, has been singled out as a major new thespian talent in Israel, due to the strength of her performance here.
- This wasn't the result of some sudden outbreak of thespian talent, but rather part of a science/art crossover project called Genes Talking.
nounBack to top
An actor or actress.
- In the current offering we have Brenda Blethyn as Mrs Warren, heading a cast of truly hard-working thespians.
- Budding young thespians auditioned in front of actor Neil Morrissey for the chance of a trip of a lifetime to Italy.
- Okay, so it's faint praise, but Driver has made the transition from actress to singer far more successfully than most thespians who have tried it.
Definition of thespian in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan