Definition of thimbleberry in English:
noun (plural thimbleberries)
A North American blackberry or raspberry with thimble-shaped fruit.
- Genus Rubus, family Rosaceae: several species, including R. parviflorus, which has white flowers and juicy, somewhat tasteless fruit
- Delicious, dewy-cold thimbleberries were scattered on top.
- To add to his challenges, Likes must deal with a high volume of brush such as thimbleberry, twinberry, elderberry, and fireweed.
- Common in the understory are chokecherry, beaked hazelnut, a wild rose, red baneberry, thimbleberry, and bracken.
Definition of thimbleberry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan