Definition of think tank in English:
A body of experts providing advice and ideas on specific political or economic problems.
- The independent academy is regarded as a think tank for crucial political and social issues for the Chinese government.
- John moves on from his distinguished career as a student to working for a government think tank in a university.
- And recently a government think tank came up with the idea that people owning a second property should pay a higher rate of council tax.
- think tanker noun
- Example sentences
- It will take some time for the mood of the American people to work its way into the politicians, policy makers, and think-tankers.
- He was a think-tanker who put his ideas to work and became a fabulously successful investor.
- I talked to several Pentagon policy officials and think-tankers last week about this argument, and I am starting to see its credibility.
Definition of think tank in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.