- 1A person who thinks deeply and seriously.More example sentences
- Deep down, they are serious thinkers and are students of life and all of its mysteries.
- There have been signs too that Sampras, always more of a doer than a thinker, has been contemplating life after tennis.
- He's an exceptional combination of a precise thinker and an imaginative thinker.
- 1.1A person with highly developed intellectual powers, especially one whose profession involves intellectual activity: a leading scientific thinkerMore example sentences
- By 1909 Einstein was recognised as a leading scientific thinker and in that year he resigned from the patent office.
- Often, alchemists were among the leading scientific and religious thinkers of their time.
- For thousands of years religious dogma and tribal superstitions kept scientific thinkers in a locked box.