Definition of thiram in English:
A synthetic sulfur-containing compound used as a fungicide and seed protectant.
- Chemical formula: C6H12N2S4
- The seed treatment fungicides with the highest toxicity level to Rhizobium inoculants are captan and thiram.
- These seed test results reinforce the need for growers to be aware of management practices for anthracnose, particularly to ensure that seed for this year's crop has been treated with a seed dressing containing thiram.
- ‘It is the active constituents of carboxin plus thiram that gives this seed treatment an edge over others,’ she said
1950s: from thio-, (u)r(ea), and am(ine), elements of the systematic name.
Definition of thiram in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan