Definition of thiram in English:
A synthetic sulfur-containing compound used as a fungicide and seed protectant.
- Chemical formula: C6H12N2S4
- The seed treatment fungicides with the highest toxicity level to Rhizobium inoculants are captan and thiram.
- These seed test results reinforce the need for growers to be aware of management practices for anthracnose, particularly to ensure that seed for this year's crop has been treated with a seed dressing containing thiram.
- ‘It is the active constituents of carboxin plus thiram that gives this seed treatment an edge over others,’ she said
1950s: from thio-, (u)r(ea), and am(ine), elements of the systematic name.
Definition of thiram in:
- British & World English dictionary