- A Third World country.More example sentences
- The abolition of border controls within the EU meant that national trade regimes with third countries in products such as cars, bananas, and textiles had to be replaced by EU trade agreements.
- This means that the EU's trade in agricultural products with third countries is regulated by a series of customs and import restrictions and export subsidies.
- According to conservative figures more than 40 million people are trapped in refugee camps in third countries, facing political persecution at home or barred entry to better off nations.
More definitions of third countryDefinition of third country in:
- The British & World English dictionary