Definition of third eye in English:
1 Hinduism The locus of occult power and wisdom in the forehead of a deity, especially the god Shiva.
- Chakrasamvara has also a third eye in the sculpture, like Shiva.
- Such was the anger that Lord Shiva is supposed to have used his energy from the third eye to form a woman.
- The gods went to Shiva, whose anger came out of his third eye in the form of energy to create a woman.
1.1The “eye of insight” located in the forehead, which can be activated through the practice of yoga.
- I remain convinced that mothers come equipped with a powerful faculty that often keeps kids in check - perhaps a dependable third eye or eerie sixth sense!
- And when the camera has become your third eye, an intuitive extension of your brain, go to the library and study the work of the great masters.
- He explained and projected with his mind force the intricate use, development and unfoldment of the faculties of the third eye.
Definition of third eye in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan