Of inferior or very poor quality.
More example sentences
- I don't think I could write anything substantial about a third-rate painter, or a fourth-rate composer.
- I am so angry at this appalling, second or third-rate service being provided to non-private patients.
- It's perhaps the ultimate confirmation of what an insecure, pathetic third-rate talent Williams is that he not only feels the need to put one over on his opponent, but that he tells people about it.
substandard, bad, inferior, poor, poor-quality, low-grade, inadequate, unsatisfactory, unacceptable, not up to snuff, not up to scratch; appalling, abysmal, atrocious, awful, terrible, dreadful, execrable, miserable, pitiful; jerry-built, shoddy, chintzy, tinpot, trashy; cheapjack
- More example sentences
- The cast was generally slated as being some third-raters.
- I don't befriend second-raters or third-raters.
- He fought steadily and compiled an undefeated record against mostly third-raters.