Definition of third-rate in English:
Of inferior or very poor quality.
- I don't think I could write anything substantial about a third-rate painter, or a fourth-rate composer.
- I am so angry at this appalling, second or third-rate service being provided to non-private patients.
- It's perhaps the ultimate confirmation of what an insecure, pathetic third-rate talent Williams is that he not only feels the need to put one over on his opponent, but that he tells people about it.
substandard, bad, inferior, poor, poor-quality, low-grade, inadequate, unsatisfactory, unacceptable, not up to snuff, not up to scratch;
- Example sentences
- The cast was generally slated as being some third-raters.
- I don't befriend second-raters or third-raters.
- He fought steadily and compiled an undefeated record against mostly third-raters.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan