- The central cavity of the brain, lying between the thalamus and hypothalamus of the two cerebral hemispheres.More example sentences
- In the central nervous system, gangliocytomas are most often found in the floor of the third ventricle or hypothalamus and in the temporal and frontal lobes.
- The lateral and third ventricles were slightly dilated.
- The gross cerebral anatomy is normal and I was able to identify the thalami, septum pelucidum, falx, third ventricle and lateral ventricles which appear normal.
More definitions of third ventricleDefinition of third ventricle in:
- The British & World English dictionary