- Light fluffy down that is attached to thistle seeds, enabling them to be blown about in the wind.More example sentences
- Like thistledown, she floats from one position to another, scarcely aware of him yet somehow connected, even dependent.
- It's fitting that thistledown, which provides Gilmore with an increasingly significant image over the years, should be the subject of one poem.
- You could, of course, write a thesis about Wodehouse but the endeavour would be like trying to preserve thistledown between sheet glass.
More definitions of thistledownDefinition of thistledown in:
- The British & World English dictionary