- The main vessel of the lymphatic system, passing upward in front of the spine and draining into the left innominate vein near the base of the neck.More example sentences
- This excess interstitial fluid is taken up by the lymph vessels and returns to the vascular system at the base of the neck where the main lymph vessel, the thoracic duct, joins the venous system.
- Esophagectomy included resection of the esophageal tube en bloc with the vagus nerves, the thoracic duct, and the right azygous vein.
- The two main central lymphatic trunks are the right lymphatic duct and the thoracic duct.
More definitions of thoracic ductDefinition of thoracic duct in:
- The British & World English dictionary