- Each of the twelve bones of the backbone to which the ribs are attached.More example sentences
- The spinal column is composed of seven cervical vertebrae, twelve thoracic vertebrae, five lumbar vertebrae, the bony sacrum, and the coccyx.
- Spinal nerves innervate the upper extremities within the enlargement in the cervical region between the fifth cervical vertebra and the first thoracic vertebra.
- In one study of 129 adults, the point of termination of the spinal cord varied from the lower third of the twelfth thoracic vertebra to the middle third of the third lumbar.
More definitions of thoracic vertebraDefinition of thoracic vertebra in:
- The British & World English dictionary