- A parasitic worm with a thornlike proboscis for attachment to the gut of vertebrates.
More example sentences
- Phylum Acanthocephala
- Cockroaches infested with another species of thorny-headed worm are also attracted to light.
- They captured mole crabs to record their size, reproductive status and infestation by thorny-headed worms, for which these crabs are intermediate hosts.
- Acanthocephalans are a type of metazoan parasite, also known as thorny-headed worms.
More definitions of thorny-headed wormDefinition of thorny-headed worm in:
- The British & World English dictionary