1Having or appearing to have length, breadth, and depth: a three-dimensional object
More example sentences
- Those topographic features scatter ambient light in such a way that a three-dimensional image appears.
- The fibrils appear to be three-dimensional and interlocking and to consist of fibrillar bundles.
- As I sat on a bench in the huge courtyard, admiring the myriads of rose gardens, a three-dimensional vision suddenly appeared.
1.1(Of a literary or dramatic work) sufficiently full in characterization and representation of events to be believable.
- This helped make the characters three-dimensional for me a lot of times.
- With the my latest film, I decided to change all that by making the characters more three-dimensional.
- Some of the overt sexuality helped to show these women as complete, three-dimensional characters.
vivid, realistic, rounded, concrete
- Example sentences
- These dramas assume that their characters, although often wrong-headed and representative of flawed systems, have dignity and three-dimensionality.
- The etchings are details of digitally recorded images - fragments of texture, leaves, patterns, visual shapes given three-dimensionality through the print.
- The clarity of the metallic sculptures and the resulting illusion of three-dimensionality made me want to reach into the print and stroke them.
- Example sentences
- But my situation has allowed me to see more points of view than just one, to see three-dimensionally.
- The anatomy of the operating area is assessed and displayed accurately and three-dimensionally.
- The most informative specimens were three-dimensionally preserved trunks with leafy shoots still attached.
Words that rhyme with three-dimensionalascensional, attentional, conventional, declensional, intentional, tensional, two-dimensional
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.