- (Of an electric generator, motor, or other device) designed to supply or use simultaneously three separate alternating currents of the same voltage, but with phases differing by a third of a period.More example sentences
- The three-phase alternating current motor puts out a peak 35kW to conventional steel half-shafts hooking up with each wheel.
- Differences in voltage or phasing in three-phase power feeding large motors can cause vibration, noise, overheating and other problems that may burn out compressors, pumps and other equipment dependent on such motors.
- The electrical system has been upgraded with power provided by a 25kVA three-phase generator.
More definitions of three-phaseDefinition of three-phase in:
- The British & World English dictionary