- (Of material) having three layers or strands.More example sentences
- The outer layer of three-ply cotton fabric with arms allowed the wearer to reach the stick and throttle.
- In the in vitro study, a laminated, three-ply fabric failed the mason jar test, including those instances when the material was tested before being laundered.
- The anit-viral aspect of the tissue activates when moisture from a cough or sneeze hits the middle layer of the three-ply tissue.
nounBack to top
- 2Plywood made by gluing together three layers with the grain in different directions.More example sentences
- The bottom of the boat was marine three-ply, while the rest was canvas tacked on to a light wooden framework and painted vivid red.
More definitions of three-plyDefinition of three-ply in:
- The British & World English dictionary