Definition of three-quarter in English:
1Consisting of three quarters of something (used especially with reference to size or length): a three-quarter length cashmere coat
More example sentences
- The first is around 11-years-old, 5 foot 3 inches tall with long dark hair, who was wearing a three-quarter length beige coat and a white top and black trousers.
- He says it could add extra ounces to his already heavy weight, which the star keeps camouflaged at home under tracksuits and three-quarter length coats.
- He was wearing a three-quarter length over-sized black coat, woolly black hat and scarf, which covered almost all of his face.
1.1(Of a view or depiction of a person’s face) at an angle between full face and profile.
- Students also may imagine how it would look from different angles from the three-quarter view seen here that includes two sides of each box, but with more of one side visible than the other.
- In the life-size portrait, Correggio painted a young woman in three-quarter view, seated beneath trees of laurel and ivy, which form a kind of niche around her head.
- Two of the more expressive and powerfully structured compositions show the artist in three-quarter view, dramatically lit.
Definition of three-quarter in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan