1Consisting of three quarters of something (used especially with reference to size or length): a three-quarter length cashmere coat
More example sentences
- The first is around 11-years-old, 5 foot 3 inches tall with long dark hair, who was wearing a three-quarter length beige coat and a white top and black trousers.
- He says it could add extra ounces to his already heavy weight, which the star keeps camouflaged at home under tracksuits and three-quarter length coats.
- He was wearing a three-quarter length over-sized black coat, woolly black hat and scarf, which covered almost all of his face.
1.1(Of a view or depiction of a person’s face) at an angle between full face and profile.
- Students also may imagine how it would look from different angles from the three-quarter view seen here that includes two sides of each box, but with more of one side visible than the other.
- In the life-size portrait, Correggio painted a young woman in three-quarter view, seated beneath trees of laurel and ivy, which form a kind of niche around her head.
- Two of the more expressive and powerfully structured compositions show the artist in three-quarter view, dramatically lit.
Words that rhyme with three-quarteraorta, daughter, exhorter, exporter, extorter, Horta, importer, mortar, porter, quarter, slaughter, snorter, sorter, sporter, supporter, torte, transporter, underwater, water
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of three-quarter in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.