nounNorth American • informal
- A public spectacle, especially one with little substance: his attempt at a dignified resignation turned into a three-ring circusMore example sentences
- She was, and is, witty and talkative, the ringleader of the three-ring circus round our table when I was growing up.
- ‘It truly is a three-ring circus in here,’ says Pollock, shouting directives to couriers between phrases, as Youn scrambles through faxes and emails.
- Cannes may appear to be a three-ring circus of high art, low commerce and relentless self - promotion, but underneath the red carpet premieres and parties it is an irresistible celebration of the best in world cinema.
More definitions of three-ring circusDefinition of three-ring circus in:
- The British & World English dictionary