Definition of three-star in English:
1(Especially of a hotel or restaurant) given three stars in a grading system, typically one in which this denotes a high or average class or quality (four- or five-star denoting the highest standard).
- The aim of the redevelopment is to raise its grade from a three-star to a four-star hotel with the eventual goal of re-marketing it.
- There is a democratic range, from five-, four- and three-star accommodation to self-catering cabins and a campground.
- The packages, which cost from £289 per person (sharing a room), include three-star hotel accommodation but not tickets for the match.
1.1(In the US armed services) having or denoting the rank of lieutenant general, distinguished by three stars on the uniform.
- The Army, on the other hand, left the court martial decision to the three-star commanders of the armies in the United States.
- On Aug.6, 2002, he was promoted to the rank of three-star general.
- The president recommended that he be promoted to three-star general.
Definition of three-star in:
- British & World English dictionary