- 1Costing or worth three pence, especially before decimalization (1971).More example sentences
- I vividly remember the threepenny lucky dips (a barrel filled with straw and some wrapped treasures) where you could hardly wait to open your surprise.
- 1.1Trifling or paltry; of little worth: a threepenny productionMore example sentences
- Lloyd George felt much the same about The Times which was, he said scornfully, merely a threepenny edition of the Daily Mail.
More definitions of threepennyDefinition of threepenny in:
- The British & World English dictionary