Definition of thriller in English:
1A novel, play, or movie with an exciting plot, typically involving crime or espionage.
- Spy stories, thrillers and crime novels can often be far more realistic about how politics works.
- I read village mysteries and hard-boiled American private eye novels, spy thrillers and police procedurals.
- Clever thrillers that flirt with film noir are always welcome, but this is too smart for its own good.
1.1A very exciting contest or experience: a 17-14 overtime thriller against Tampa Bay
More example sentences
- Villa's climb up the table continued in this five goal thriller in Mullarney.
- Chorley and Rossendale United go head to head tomorrow in a game that has all the ingredients for a New Year derby thriller.
- In a high scoring cut and thrust thriller the St. Patrick's boys ran out six points winners.
Words that rhyme with thrillerAnguilla, Aquila, Attila, Camilla, cedilla, chiller, chinchilla, driller, Drusilla, fibrillar, filler, flotilla, fulfiller, Godzilla, gorilla, griller, guerrilla, killer, Manila, manilla, mantilla, miller, pillar, Priscilla, sapodilla, sarsaparilla, Schiller, scilla, scintilla, spiller, swiller, tiller, vanilla, vexilla, villa, Willa, willer, zorilla
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia