- Inflammation of the wall of a vein with associated thrombosis, often occurring in the legs during pregnancy.More example sentences
- Patients with a history of deep vein thrombosis or thrombophlebitis who have surgery should receive perioperative subcutaneous heparin prophylaxis.
- Ginger is therefore a good herb for people with a history of stroke or atherosclerosis, thrombophlebitis and varicose veins.
- The most common adverse events with ertapenem therapy are diarrhea, nausea, headache, vaginitis in females, phlebitis / thrombophlebitis, and vomiting.
More definitions of thrombophlebitisDefinition of thrombophlebitis in:
- The British & World English dictionary