- A hormone of the prostacyclin type released from blood platelets. It induces platelet aggregation and arterial constriction.More example sentences
- As a platelet is activated it can release ADP and thromboxane, both potent autocatalytic molecules.
- Aspirin suppresses prostaglandin (which inhibits platelet activation and dilates blood vessels) and thromboxane (which encourages platelet activation and constricts vessels).
- The sulfide metabolite of sulfinpyrazone affects platelet aggregation by inhibiting thromboxane production.
More definitions of thromboxaneDefinition of thromboxane in:
- The British & World English dictionary