- (Of a composition, especially a song) not based on repeated sections or verses, especially having different music for each verse. Also called durchkomponiert.More example sentences
- Because the same music was used for every stanza, the possibilities for detailed word-painting were limited: this is the key difference between the frottola and the through-composed madrigal.
- Henze's through-composed settings are rich in orchestral colour and character.
- Perhaps the musical future will be more romantic, more through-composed, than classic (with Bachian closed forms) after all?
More definitions of through-composedDefinition of through-composed in:
- The British & World English dictionary