1The motion of pushing or lunging suddenly or violently.
- His muscles were much softer and his involuntary limb thrusting was reduced by about 50%.
- During intercourse the effect of repeated thrusting would be to draw out and displace foreign semen away from the cervix.
- Having recovered from the headbutt, it was followed up by an immediate thrusting of the defendant's hand into his face.
1.1 Geology The pushing upward of the earth’s crust.
- This has resulted in folding and thrusting of the Indian crust in the Himalayas and southern Tibet.
- In many cases, this foliation formed during thrusting of the nappes onto each other.
- Silurian folding and thrusting, associated with sinistral strike-slip, produced foreland basins in the western Appalachians.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.