- 1The motion of pushing or lunging suddenly or violently.More example sentences
- His muscles were much softer and his involuntary limb thrusting was reduced by about 50%.
- During intercourse the effect of repeated thrusting would be to draw out and displace foreign semen away from the cervix.
- Having recovered from the headbutt, it was followed up by an immediate thrusting of the defendant's hand into his face.
- 1.1 Geology The pushing upward of the earth’s crust.More example sentences
- This has resulted in folding and thrusting of the Indian crust in the Himalayas and southern Tibet.
- In many cases, this foliation formed during thrusting of the nappes onto each other.
- Silurian folding and thrusting, associated with sinistral strike-slip, produced foreland basins in the western Appalachians.