(also thuya /ˈTHo͞oyə/)
Definition of thuja in English:
A North American and eastern Asian evergreen coniferous tree of a genus that includes the arbor vitaes.
- Genus Thuja, family Cupressaceae
- The Arboretum contains four hundred species of tree and shrub including walnut, beech, cedar, giant thuya, cypress and cork oak.
- The herbs blue flag root, thuja leaf and burdock root are good for reducing goiter (enlargement of the thyroid gland).
- Thuja (arborvitaes) has three primary species; one from the eastern United States, one from northern China and another from the Pacific Northwest.
Definition of thuja in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia