Definition of thuja in English:
A North American and eastern Asian evergreen coniferous tree of a genus that includes the arbor vitaes.
- Genus Thuja, family Cupressaceae
- The Arboretum contains four hundred species of tree and shrub including walnut, beech, cedar, giant thuya, cypress and cork oak.
- The herbs blue flag root, thuja leaf and burdock root are good for reducing goiter (enlargement of the thyroid gland).
- Thuja (arborvitaes) has three primary species; one from the eastern United States, one from northern China and another from the Pacific Northwest.
Definition of thuja in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.