- A rounded, projecting head of a cumulus cloud, which portends a thunderstorm.More example sentences
- But Ben recognized the thunderheads, the big cumulus clouds, that were drifting our way.
- As air rises in a large cumulonimbus or thunderhead cloud condensation occurs and all three forms of water are present.
- We'll follow mountain-lion tracks and watch from remote plateaus as distant puffs of cloud build into towering thunderheads.
More definitions of thunderheadDefinition of thunderhead in:
- The British & World English dictionary