- A storm with thunder and lightning and typically also heavy rain or hail.More example sentences
- Tornadic thunderstorms can also produce waterspouts and downbursts.
- The most significant features of the wet season are thunderstorms, tropical cyclones and rain depressions.
- The start of the tie had been delayed after Friday's schedule was washed out with hours of rain, thunderstorms and lightning.
More definitions of thunderstormDefinition of thunderstorm in:
- The British & World English dictionary