- another term for thyrotropin.More example sentences
- It is an autoimmune disease caused by an antibody, active against the thyroid-stimulating hormone receptor, which stimulates the gland to synthesize and secrete excess thyroid hormone.
- He then delves into thyroid physiology and the effect of thyroid hormones on peripheral tissues, thyroid-stimulating hormone, and thyrotropin-releasing hormone.
- A sensitive thyroid-stimulating hormone test should be drawn on patients to determine those with thyrotoxicosis or hypothyroidism.
More definitions of thyroid-stimulating hormoneDefinition of thyroid-stimulating hormone in:
- The British & World English dictionary