A small chiefly North American plant of the saxifrage family.
- Genus Tiarella, family Saxifragaceae, especially the foamflower (T. cordifolia)
More example sentences
- Their cheerful porcelain-white blossoms dance and dart in the autumn breezes, towering over the heucheras, tiarellas, and ferns at their feet.
- I'm also adding a few tiarellas in between, but they just aren't as hardy as the herbs though.
- As I occasionally deadheaded the shade perennials, I admired the tiarellas for their toughness - and their beauty of both leaf and form.
modern Latin, from Latin tiara 'turban, tiara' + the diminutive suffix -ella.
Definition of tiarella in:
- The British & World English dictionary