Definition of tic in English:
1A habitual spasmodic contraction of the muscles, most often in the face.
- In contrast, complex motor tics usually involve more muscle groups.
- Others discovered that after months or years of treatment they developed uncontrollable muscle twitches or tics that were often irreversible, even after stopping the drugs.
- Other children get stomach aches, headaches, heart palpitations or muscle tics.
1.1An idiosyncratic and habitual feature of a person’s behavior: I began with the kind of generalization that was one of my primary tics as a writer
More example sentences
- As I watched, he started to display another characteristic tic - smiling and giving her a lazy wink.
- The actor's tics and idiosyncrasies are in full flower here.
- But what of other sports stars and their sporting tics, traits and peculiarities?