- A tall, spindly leguminous North American plant, the pods of which break up into one-seeded joints that adhere to clothing, animals' fur, etc..
More example sentences
- Genus Desmodium, family Leguminosae: several species
- Plants indicative of disturbed ground include tick trefoil and black-seeded plantain.
- It felt sort of like home except that dotted among the tick trefoils and geums were beautiful yellow oncidium orchids in full bloom.
- There are 17 species of tick trefoil in New Jersey and they all share the flat, triangular seed that sticks like a tick.