adjective[predic.] British • informal • dated
- In good order; fine: everything is tickety-booMore example sentences
- Hoon must go, but first he must sort out all his advisers who were telling him everything was tickety-boo and it obviously wasn't.
- ‘It would be wrong to buy a business which is 100% tickety-boo because then you would almost certainly have overpaid for it,’ Locke says.
- They had been heading to another town but stopped in Majar Kabir ‘to check everything was tickety-boo,’ as one senior British soldier told The Observer.
1930s: perhaps from Hindi ṭhīk hai 'all right'.
More definitions of tickety-booDefinition of tickety-boo in:
- The British & World English dictionary