North American • informal
- Inferior or cheap material, especially as used in suburban building.More example sentences
- The number of single-person households is on the rise; we all want our own little boxes made of ticky-tacky.
- And they're all made out of ticky-tacky and they all look just the same.
adjectiveBack to top
- (Especially of a building or housing development) made of inferior material; cheap or in poor taste: ticky-tacky little housesMore example sentences
- He called Sid about the hundreds of unsold, unrented, slapped-up, ticky-tacky apartments in Greater Belfast.
1960s: probably a reduplication of tacky2.
More definitions of ticky-tackyDefinition of ticky-tacky in:
- The British & World English dictionary