(also tiddledywink /ˈtidl-dē-/)
- 1 (tiddlywinks) A game in which small plastic counters are flicked into a central receptacle by being pressed on the edge with a larger counter.More example sentences
- Whether it's your first game or your last one or a game of table tennis or tiddlywinks, you want to win.
- For all the easy going humour, Channon's competitive streak dictates that he would find it hard to take in the concept of a friendly game of tiddlywinks.
- If I were going to a place where a hard day is one game of tiddlywinks instead of two, I wouldn't be afraid either.
mid 19th century: of unknown origin; perhaps related to tiddly1. The word originally denoted an unlicensed bar, also a game of dominoes. Current senses date from the late 19th century.
More definitions of tiddlywinkDefinition of tiddlywink in:
- The British & World English dictionary