- A large North American salamander that is blackish with yellow patches or stripes.
More example sentences
- Ambystoma tigrinum, family Ambystomatidae
- Another family, the Ambystomatidae occurs in the New World from Canada to central Mexico and includes the tiger salamander and the axolotl.
- The California tiger salamander is a large, stocky, terrestrial salamander with small eyes and a broad, rounded snout.
- The Service published a final rule on September 21 listing the Santa Barbara County population of the California tiger salamander as endangered.