Definition of tiger shark in English:
An aggressive shark of warm seas, with dark vertical stripes on the body.
- Galeocerdo cuvieri, family Carcharhinidae
- Three types of sharks are common in the area: the sand tiger shark, bull shark and scalloped hammerhead.
- In Hawaii, the only known predator of adult balloonfish is the tiger shark.
- The average tiger shark is about ten feet (three meters), but some can grow over 15 feet long.
Definition of tiger shark in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan