Resembling or likened to a tiger, especially in being fierce and determined: she was in a tigerish mood
More example sentences
- Otherwise why would Moin Khan, the wicket-keeper batsman of tigerish resolve on the cricket field, greet you with a warm, affectionate hug every time you met him?
- The second half was barely a minute old when a tigerish Turley gave an indication that things were looking up - trying his luck from range with a curling effort that sailed not too far over the crossbar.
- The tigerish midfielder has been one of the star's of Rovers' revival, particularly in the last few months since Hughes moved him into the centre.
- Example sentences
- However, Sligo's defence was heroic, with the pack halting mauls on the line, and when the ball was released, the Sligo wing forwards and backs tackled tigerishly.
- It came as Tallon fought tigerishly to win possession.
- Rangers needed at least the point, and defended tigerishly to prevent a goal as Tarbert also sought the point to give them the point they required.
Definition of tigerish in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.