- 1(Of a garment) fitting close to and showing the contours of the body.More example sentences
- She's utterly disgusted as she surveys the tight-fitting garments, the gloves, the fishnets, the smudged eyeliner.
- Trousers were tight-fitting and included flat-fronts and pleating.
- There is no evidence to suggest wearing a tight-fitting bra or underwired bra can cause breast cancer.
- 1.1(Of a lid or cover) forming a tight seal when placed on a container.More example sentences
- Pour the boiling water in the base of the steamer, place the plate in the steaming basket and set over the boiling water, covering it with the tight-fitting lid.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid, turn the heat down to the lowest setting and continue cooking for 15 minutes.
- Most food-storage containers with tight-fitting lids provide adequate protection in the refrigerator.