(also tightly knit)
- (Of a group of people) united or bound together by strong relationships and common interests: tight-knit mining communitiesMore example sentences
- But when difficult situations arise, this tight-knit group usually pulls together.
- In fact the usage of community as something that only refers to tight-knit groups of geographically and socially friendly people is relatively new.
- Mr Howard replaced the 26-strong team he inherited with a tight-knit group of just 12.
More definitions of tight-knitDefinition of tight-knit in:
- The British & World English dictionary