- 1A female tiger.More example sentences
- But in this short time, a male can contribute more offspring to the population than the female by commanding the territories of several breeding tigresses.
- Early in his quest to save India's wild tigers, he had heard about a site in the Himalayas of Nepal where Buddha is said to have given his life to feed a starving tigress and her cubs.
- It was on the back of a tiger, in fact on the back of a pregnant tigress, that the great teacher of Buddhism first arrived in Bhutan in the 8th century.
- 1.1A fierce or passionate woman.More example sentences
- I've always suspected that underneath a woman of such gentlene perkiness lurked the heart of a tigress.
- Lori snapped, almost turning into a tigress again.
- She came from nowhere, leaping into their midst like a tigress, striking about her with the focused fury of total commitment and utmost desperation.
More definitions of tigressDefinition of tigress in:
- The British & World English dictionary