Definition of tigress in English:
1A female tiger.
- But in this short time, a male can contribute more offspring to the population than the female by commanding the territories of several breeding tigresses.
- Early in his quest to save India's wild tigers, he had heard about a site in the Himalayas of Nepal where Buddha is said to have given his life to feed a starving tigress and her cubs.
- It was on the back of a tiger, in fact on the back of a pregnant tigress, that the great teacher of Buddhism first arrived in Bhutan in the 8th century.
1.1A fierce or passionate woman.
- I've always suspected that underneath a woman of such gentlene perkiness lurked the heart of a tigress.
- Lori snapped, almost turning into a tigress again.
- She came from nowhere, leaping into their midst like a tigress, striking about her with the focused fury of total commitment and utmost desperation.
Words that rhyme with tigressTigris
Definition of tigress in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia