1A bomb designed to explode at a preset time.
- Phil reappeared just below Leif as the time bomb exploded.
- The time bomb exploded, the sound resonating in a disconcerting fashion off the interior walls.
- What need for creating a fuse for a time bomb could Price possibly have while stuck in a POW camp?
1.1A process or procedure causing a problem that will eventually become dangerous if not addressed: an environmental time bomb
More example sentences
- But where such treatment is painful or debilitating, many would have to gamble their current health and lifestyles against the risk that their time bomb would eventually go off.
- China will be rid of a dangerous time bomb in its backyard.
- The situation is like a time bomb waiting to detonate.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: time bomb
Definition of time bomb in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.