Definition of time bomb in English:
1A bomb designed to explode at a preset time.
- Phil reappeared just below Leif as the time bomb exploded.
- The time bomb exploded, the sound resonating in a disconcerting fashion off the interior walls.
- What need for creating a fuse for a time bomb could Price possibly have while stuck in a POW camp?
1.1A process or procedure causing a problem that will eventually become dangerous if not addressed: an environmental time bomb
More example sentences
- But where such treatment is painful or debilitating, many would have to gamble their current health and lifestyles against the risk that their time bomb would eventually go off.
- China will be rid of a dangerous time bomb in its backyard.
- The situation is like a time bomb waiting to detonate.
Definition of time bomb in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan