- An indication of rhythm following a clef, generally expressed as a fraction with the denominator defining the beat as a division of a whole note and the numerator giving the number of beats in each bar.More example sentences
- This resulted in irregular phrases and bar-lengths, with no regular pulse, and as a result much of this music has no time signature and is left unbarred.
- The shifting time signature initially distinguishes the track, but the song goes in too many directions and eventually splinters.
- So tonight he wants half the crowd to clap in 6/8 time whilst the other half are guided on how to use a different time signature.
More definitions of time signatureDefinition of time signature in:
- The British & World English dictionary