- A small flutelike instrument made from a thin metal tube, with six finger holes of varying size on top and no thumb holes.More example sentences
- Children are swapping the bodhrán for the bassoon and the tin whistle for the tuba as educators seek to bring classical music to the islands.
- Classes in all instruments from the tin whistle to the harp are held each morning from 10 am - 1pm by qualified teachers.
- The tin whistle or mouth-organ serves as an instrument for a tune, or some young ones sing a song to get the householders in the mood to drop a coin in their boxes, as they spread the good cheer of the Christmas season.
More definitions of tin whistleDefinition of tin whistle in:
- The British & World English dictionary