Definition of tinamou in English:
A ground-dwelling tropical American bird that looks somewhat like a grouse.
- Family Tinamidae: several genera and many species
- However chickens are closely related to tinamous and the ratites by post-cranial anatomy, particularly the structure of the clavicle.
- Cracids have also been noted to consume eggs of pigeons, hummingbirds and tinamous.
- For example, ratites and tinamous have sole male incubation, but communal laying apparently occurs in only a few of these species.
Words that rhyme with tinamourimu • muumuu
Definition of tinamou in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia