A prong or sharp point, such as that on a fork or antler.
More example sentences
- Sharp tines or prongs, operated by a foot pedal or hand crank, grip the weed and yank it out of the ground with a pulling or twisting motion.
- Often traveling sets were made so that the knife blade, spoon bowl, and fork tines screwed into their handles.
- Crimp edges of dough together with fork tines and cut several slits in strudel with a small sharp knife.
- [in combination]: a three-tined fork
Definition of tine in:
- The British & World English dictionary