- technical term for ringworm.More example sentences
- Tinea corporis refers to tinea anywhere on the body except the scalp, beard, feet, or hands.
- It's not a fun topic, but your feet can suffer from a variety of fungal infections that are a form of tinea, or ringworm.
- The treatment consisted of broad-spectrum antibiotics, pain medication, and, of course, antifungal cream for the tinea.
late Middle English: from Latin, 'worm'.
More definitions of tineaDefinition of tinea in:
- The British & World English dictionary