- An Italian dessert consisting of layers of sponge cake soaked in coffee and brandy or liqueur with powdered chocolate and mascarpone cheese.More example sentences
- Caesar salad dressing, the Italian dessert tiramisu, homemade ice cream, chocolate mousse, eggnog, cookie dough, and frostings can contain raw eggs.
- Other desserts include tiramisu and a bonbon liqueur, which looked as if it came from the Viennetta school of dessert design.
- One such confection is the Venetian dessert tiramisu, meaning pick-me-up, which involves first creaming the mascarpone with yolks of egg and a little fresh cream, and then incorporating whipped whites of egg.
Italian, from the phrase tirami su 'pick me up'.
More definitions of tiramisuDefinition of tiramisu in:
- The British & World English dictionary